12 Volt | 6 Amp (1, 3 & 6 Amp selectable)
- For charging batteries rated up to 120Ah
- Suitable for SMF [Calcium], AGM, Flooded and GEL lead-acid batteries
- 9-Stage battery charging & maintaining, with reconditioning mode
Selecting the right battery type setting for your battery
The CC1206 is suitable for charging batteries rated up to 120Ah* and maintaining batteries rated up to 180Ah. The charger is designed to charge and maintain 12V conventional lead acid batteries. Simply follow the indications below to select the correct battery type setting on your CC1206:
- SMF [Calcium] – Select this setting to charge Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) flooded calcium batteries.
- AGM/Flooded – Select this setting to charge Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) and maintainable flooded batteries.
- Gel – Select this setting to charge Gel electrolyte type batteries.
*Based on 5 to 30% of battery Ah ratings. For optimum charging, 10% of battery Ah rating is recommended for flooded batteries and 20% of battery Ah rating is recommended for AGM & Gel batteries.
Selecting the right charge rate setting for your battery
When using the CC1206 it is important to select the correct charge rate option for the battery you are charging. The common mistake many people make is to use the highest charge rate setting, not realising it could actually damage the internal components, reducing battery life. The recommended charging Amps for a flooded lead acid battery is 10% of its Ah rating. For an Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) or Gel battery this can be increase to 20% of its Ah rating.
The CC1206 has 3 charge settings: 1A, 3A and 6A.
- The 1A – maintenance mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 3 and 20Ah and will maintain batteries up to 100Ah.
- The 3A – silent charge mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 9 and 60Ah and will maintain batteries up to 110Ah. This charge rate is ideal in use for motorcycles, powersports and lawn & garden applications.
- The 6A – rapid charge mode – will charge a range of lead acid batteries between 18 and 120Ah and will maintain batteries up to 180Ah. During this mode, the internal fan may engage from time to time if the charger gets hot.
The Ah (Ampere Hours) capacities shown above are to be used as a general guide only. Refer to the battery manufacturers specifications and recommendations for your charging requirements.
Century’s range of battery chargers and maintainers are here to help charge 6 volt and 12 Volt conventional lead acid batteries rated up to 240Ah^ and maintain those rated up to 360Ah. Backed up with a 5 year warranty*, these smart battery chargers can be used for charging and maintaining batteries in the following applications:
- Car & Passenger vehicles
- 4×4 & SUVs
- Lawn & Garden equipment
- Recreation vehicles
- Caravans, RVs & Camper Trailers
Incorporating a unique and patented rejuvenation technology, the chargers use high voltage equalising and peak pulse reconditioning to repair heavily discharged batteries and will activate from as low as 3 Volts#. Other inclusions are an Eco-power mode, for ultra-low power consumption, and safety timers, to detect faults and prevent overcharging.